Logitech C615 is a portable HD webcam that is in the balance between the costs and features. This product produces excellent audio and video from a compact design with a great deal. For a lower price, this camera provides you with features similar to the higher-end C920 version.
The portability of this webcam is on another level, thanks to its fold-and-go design. It is one of the camera’s highlight features.
Also Read: Logitech C615 Drivers
As we know, a good webcam is the one that has HD resolution, decent sound, and ease of use. Well, let us see if it meets your expectation from this Logitech C615 review article.
- Dimensions: 3.75 x 2.5 x 1.25 inches & 3.5 oz. of weight
- Platform Compatibility: Facetime for Mac, Google Hangouts, Skype
- System Requirements: Compatible with Windows 7 – Windows 10 or later
- Inside Package: Webcam & users documentation
- Color: Black
- Cable: USB 2.0 with 3 feet of length
- Resolution: 1080 p/30 fps – 720 p/30 fps with autofocus
- Lens: glass lens technology
- Warranty Information: Hardware Warranty for 2 Years
- Built-in Mic: mono
- Part number: 960-000733
Design and Build Quality of Logitech C615 HD Webcam
As we can see, Logitech C615 is a portable and compact webcam. This foldable device can get into just 2.5” of width, 1.25” of height, and 1.5” of width when folded. Tucking it into the pocket is just the way it should be so you can bring it around without a hassle.
When it is in the unfolded position, the flexible design is so simple to work with. In appearance, you can see that this camera has three parts: the camera, base, and neck. If you fill it, the heaviest part of this webcam is the base. That makes the device stays upright in any condition.
Therefore, you do not need to balance it every time you attach it to a monitor. For the top part, the Logitech C615 webcam has a material of soft, rubbery plastic. While on the bottom, you could see that there is a rubbery dot. Thus, the camera will not be slipping around.
You can also attach the Logitech C615 to a tripod. You can peel the rubbery dot from the base to reveal the post that is compatible with the standard one. It is a nice touch to support the portability of this device.
However, this system has an issue. To reveal the post, you have to take those off completely. Hence, a chance of losing the dot is something that might cause some problems in the future. So, be careful with it.
Logitech C615 portable webcam offers some decent features to support your online activity. The first one that we should mention is the quality of the camera. Well, this device has a widescreen Full HD video with decent autofocus.
The glass lens can provide a video with a beautiful and crisp high definition video. The autofocus system will keep the image appears to be a sharp focus. Its fast performance can get the image stays razor-sharp, even if the person or the object you are showing is moving around.
Make sure it stays not far from 10 cm from the camera. The portability is the biggest point of this webcam. It has a fold-and-go design, which is quite pleasing to slip it into your bag easily.
Logitech C615 also has an HD light correction feature. It fine-tunes to the condition of the light to deliver great quality and brighter images. The built-in mono microphone comes with a noise-reduction system to make sure your voice sounds clear.
Another major feature to enjoy is 360-degrees swivel. This Logitech webcam is in a full circle. Besides portability, it gives you more flexibility to get the right angle. Move it around as you want for a perfect frame of your image.
Logitech C615 Installation
After buying the package of this device, you can find the driver CDs inside the box. If you cannot find one, download the Logitech C615 installation software from the official website. First, there is two software for setting up the webcam.
You should get the Logitech gaming software is the camera setting software. Using the software, you can control all the features packed in this product. It is crucial to install the driver into your computer first.
If you find the driver is not compatible with your computer system, upgrade it by downloading the new version from the Logitech website free. So, how do you do the installation?
After having the driver file on the computer, you need to run it as system administration. Then, accept the terms and conditions. After that, click next a few times to move forward. Wait until the installation is up. Finally, the driver is in.
Those steps are for you whose PC uses Windows OS. For Mac OS users, just got settings and then select the security and update. After that, click on the ‘with the hardware-specific for you’ two times.
The next step is to click Update Driver. The last thing to do is to search for the updated driver software to install it into the computer.
Logitech C615 Settings
After the installation, we need to get into the setup. As said before, we can control all the features from the installed driver. The first one you need to know is a way to capture audio and video. From the setting software, you can work with the webcam.
It is not only for recording but also for the changing resolution, removing the background, zooming, screen sharing, and adjusting the position of the camera.
You can also use G hub software to control the webcam. However, the recommendation is to use the original one from the manufacturer. One thing you should know, the Logitech driver might already be inside the computer program.
First, plug the webcam into a USB slot on the PC. You will see the Logitech webcam application bar appeared on your screen. Then, click the little film icon to open the QuickCapture menu.
You can adjust the video size from here. To record, simply click the Record video button on the screen.
Issues on Logitech C615
Many users face some issues when using this webcam. Well, here is some troubleshooting for them.
- The camera is not ready. If this problem exists, the thing you can do is to check whether the software is compatible or not. If it is not the issue, uninstalling the driver would worth a try. Rebooting the computer is the next thing to do. After that, do a reinstallation.
- For those who find out the webcam keeps turning off, there might be a problem with the USB port. Make sure you plug it properly. Changing the port is the last thing to do if it does not work.
- Sometimes, the autofocus system gets troubled, which causes not focusing. Well, you should uninstall the third-party software from the computer. It is better to have the original Logitech capture software to handle the autofocus well.
- A “no video” problem could also happen with Logitech C615. You can treat it with the same solution as the “Not Focusing” one.
- Sometimes, it cannot detect the camera in Windows 10. That is probably because your PC does not have the current software version, or the settings are not right.
- The “Logitech C615 not working” issue will disturb your online activity. It might be because you do not have the updated driver software. Keep updating it automatically or manually. There are some tutorials for that.
Logitech C615 Vs C920
If you ask for a better option, that depends on what you want from the webcam. Both of these products boast full HD video quality and some decent features. However, they have a different price point. The C615 model is more affordable.
In the camera quality, the C920 version produces more consistent HD video and image. For the Design, The fold-on-go concept of Logitech C920 offers better portability and durability. Talking about the ease of use, both of them are at the same level.
Also Read: Logitech C920 Drivers
For the other features, both cameras come with the strong ones to compare. The great audio performance supported by two microphones is what the C920 webcam has to offer. The C615 camera does not have that, but the special 360-degree swivel is not easy to beat.
Overall, the Logitech C615 hits a balance between performance and affordability. If you do not mind about the budget, then the C920 is better.
Pros and Cons
- The design is flexible and solid.
- The fold-and-go concept is a winner.
- Its 360-degree swivel makes positioning easier.
- The full 1080p HD video is at an affordable price.
- The USB cable is somewhat short.
- Its black finish can catch smudges.
- The dot comes off completely.
- The quality of the autofocus system is not that great.
The Bottom Line
Coming with an affordable price tag, this portable webcam has decent features. It is a great device for beginners with a tight budget. The HD quality video and sound make this Logitech C615 camera hits the perfect balance between the price and performance.